Please contact your insurance company before our first appointment to gather information about your coverage under your specific plan.
Please bring your insurance card to our first session.
University of Illinois student insurance
Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois PPO (Except where Value Options is the Behavioral Health administrator/carrier)
Other insurance companies will often reimburse you for my services on an out-of-network basis
Contact Your Insurance:
If you are unfamiliar with your mental health benefits, here is a checklist of what to ask when you call:
- What are my outpatient mental health treatment benefits (some insurance companies refer to this as behavioral health or outpatient psychiatric treatment)?
- I am interested in working with a particular therapist who charges $120 per session. How much of that would be covered?
- Do I need to pay a deductible before my insurance kicks in? If so, how much? Do I need a pre-authorization number to get started?
- Is there an annual session limit?
- Does my therapist need to submit a treatment plan in order for me to obtain authorization for further sessions?
Given the amount of time it takes to wrangle with insurance companies, I ask that you work with your provider to determine coverage and to resolve problems with payment that sometimes arise. I am happy to do the wrangling for you but will charge my usual fee in 15 minute increments for the time I spend working to collect your benefits (i.e., $25/15 minutes). Unfortunately, insurance does not cover this fee.